Your Bag is Empty.
All Help Topics
Information We Collect.
We collect both personal and non-personal information from you when communicating or interacting with you through wetseal.com or our stores. When we use the phrase “personal information” we mean any information that we can use to identify, locate, or contact you, for example, information that you provide to us such as your name, address, age, gender, telephone number, email address, payment information (including your credit or debit card number), and/or photos or video footage of you.
How Information Is Collected.
By Asking. On our Website, we may ask you to give us information. If you want to sign up for our mailing list, we will ask for your email, mobile number, or mailing address. If you compete in our Model Search competition, we’ll ask for your name, phone number, email address, location, mailing address, birthday, hair and eye color, height and weight, clothing and shoe size, along with pictures of you. If you sign up for our sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, we will ask for information such as your name, email address, location, mailing address and phone number. If you are selected as a winner in one of our sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, depending on the nature of the promotion and value of the prize awarded, we may ask for additional personal information including, without limitation, your age and social security number (for tax-reporting purposes).
When You Provide it to Us: We may also collect personal information from you directly when you provide it to us, for example, when you request products or services from us, respond to surveys, apply for a job, register for an online account, create a “Wish List”, leave a product review, contact us with a comment, question or complaint, subscribe to our email newsletter or other communications from us or manage your preferences with us, or otherwise interact with us. We also collect customer information like your name, credit or debit card information, phone number, mailing address, email address, and billing address when you request that merchandise be sent to you or others, make purchases or returns with us, place an order with us online, or request an e-receipt.
If you sign up for a Fashion Insider Card, we will ask for your name, mailing address, email address, and birthday, and your billing information, like your credit or debit card information. When you use your Fashion Insider Card, we may verify that your personal information associated with the card is current and update your information, including your email address, for accuracy.
Social Media. If you use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or another social media site to sign up for one of our promotions, we may collect the information that you submit through the applicable social media site. When you “like” us on Facebook or other social media sites, we will also collect your information from Facebook, such as your name and email address. Remember that if you submit information through Facebook or similar social media or third party sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies and information you share might be seen by the general public.
Text Messages. If you agree to receive text messages from Wet Seal we may use an automatic telephone dialing system to contact you. You are not required to consent to receive text messages in order to obtain products or services from Wet Seal. Standard messaging rates apply. We, or our partners, may send you up to six (6) texts per month. If you would like to stop receiving text messages at any time you can reply to any message with the word “STOP” or text the word “STOP” to short code 77053. We may send you one additional confirmatory message to let you know that we’ve received your request.
Web Beacons. We also use web beacons, which let us count and recognize users who visit our Website. This lets us see if you respond to emails that we sent to you by clicking on a link in the email, so we can know whether the emails we send are effective. If you don’t want web beacons in the email, you can turn off HTML display of the email.
IP Address. When you visit our Website, we also collect and save the Internet Protocol address of the device you are using, like whether you are using a personal computer or a mobile device.
Geo-location. Geo-location technology refers to technology that lets us determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide precise location information on our Website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically use information from your web server or computer to determine general location information, such as the city in which you live.
What We Do With Your Information and Your Choices.
When you provide us with your name, email address, and mailing address, we may add your information to our mailing list, and we may send you emails and mailings announcing product information, promotional events, or updates to our Website. If you give us your birth date, we may also send you a special gift on your birthday by email or postal mail. If you don’t want to get anymore emails or mailings, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address or postal address. You may also call 1-866-746-7938. If you don’t want to wait on the phone to opt-out of our emails, you may also click on the opt-out link at the bottom of each email.
From time to time, our Website hosts sweepstakes, contests and other promotions, and we may let you submit your information electronically. If we do this, we will use the information you provide to conduct the promotion. We may also send you marketing communications and other information and materials you have chosen to receive regarding our merchandise, services, promotions or special events.
How We Share Your Information.
We may share your information in the following ways.
- Sharing Your Information With Other Companies. We may share name and address information with other companies that offer similar products. If you are on our mailing list and would prefer not to have your name shared with other companies, email email@example.com and ask that your name not be shared.
- Sharing Your Information With Service Providers. We may share your information with companies or individuals that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping us to provide services that you request, to create or maintain our databases, to research and analyze the people who request products, services, or information from us, to prepare and distribute communications, to respond to inquiries, or to process payments.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we think may be unlawful. For example, we may provide information to law enforcement agencies if we believe that you have violated our polices, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Wet Seal, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted By Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with government entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Business Transition. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
- Interest-Based Advertising. Wet Seal participates in interest-based (online behavior) advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie on your browser or a web beacon, to identify you on our Website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. You may see advertising on our Website tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for Wet Seal products on other websites based on your browsing behavior across different websites.
- Other Third Parties. We may share your information with other third parties as we deem appropriate.
How We Secure Your Information.
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep your information secure, and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed to people who we didn’t mention in this policy. Even though we follow reasonable procedures to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we can’t promise, and you shouldn’t expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the contact details below.
How We Communicate With You.
If you have any questions about this Policy, you can contact us via the Contacting Us link or by phone by calling
1-866-746-7938. You may also write to us at:
WetSeal.com Customer Service
7555 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your information, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
We do not seek or knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected such information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-866-746-7938. As required by law, we will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
Links to Other Websites
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website nor the information or content contained therein. We may provide links to other websites to you solely as a convenience, and the inclusion of linked sites does not imply endorsement by Wet Seal of any of the linked sites. Please remember that when you use a link to go from our Website to another site, including any social media site, our Policy is no longer in effect. Your browsing and interaction on any other site, including those that have a link on our Website, is subject to that website’s own rules and policies. Please read over those rules and policies before proceeding. We do not ensure the security of your personal information if you visit websites not belonging to Wet Seal.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we shared with third parties or corporate affiliates for those entities’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge.
If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Wet Seal ATTN: Legal Department, 7555 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, CA 92618. For all requests, you must put the statement “Wet Seal California Privacy Rights Notice” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. You also need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
California Do Not Track Disclosures.
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how a website operator responds to “Do Not Track” (DNT) browser settings. DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. Wet Seal does not currently take actions to respond to DNT signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a DNT standard once one is created. For information about DNT, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.